The loading dock area is a critical asset of every facility. An organizations successful operation relies on the efficient flow in and out of products to both vendors & customers. Proper care & servicing of your equipment by qualified technicians is essential for maximum safety, compliance with government regulation, productivity, and efficiency.
Northern Dock Systems offers a Preventative Maintenance Program (PMP) which addresses all of these critical needs. Our PMP program includes a multi-point inspection and covers a wide range of equipment including: Loading Docks, Industrial Doors, High Speed Doors, Man Doors, Fire Doors, Vehicle Restraints, Lift Tables and HVLS Fans. Following the inspection you are presented with a dynamic report highlighting the areas of concern & solutions. See the PDF File below for an example of our PMP Report.
- Between January 1st 2000 and October 31st 2010 , 15 workers died in incidents involving shipping and receiving areas in the industrial sector. (Statistics by Ontario Ministry of Labour)
- The safety of the loading dock area is often overlooked until an accident has already occurred – our PMP program identifies major safety concerns with all of your loading dock area components and resolves issues before they happen
- Our qualified service technicians have a combined 300 years of experience in the industry & will ensure the inspection is done safely and efficiently
Compliance with Government Regulation
- The OHSA mandates that every lifting device in a facility be inspected & provided with a written record of inspection as recommended by the manufacturer, and in any case at least once a year. Loading Docks should be no exception (OHSA, Regulation 851 – Industrial Establishments - Section: 51 – 1 –b)
- Northern Dock Systems provides each customer with documentation that an inspection has taken place on the equipment. This can be used for correspondence of audits done by the Ontario Government or third party agencies
- The Ontario government conducted a loading dock safety blitz from February 1st –February 28th 2011. They issued 3,233 orders to organizations and 84 stop work orders due to non-compliance. With a PMP program in place the equipment wouldn’t have failed inspection & documentation would be available for compliance
Productivity & Efficiency
- All equipment with moving parts needs to properly maintained & serviced to ensure peak performance. This will result in a direct correlation of reduced costs on capital expenditures & a reduction in downtime
- Loading Dock workers will be able to get their job done in an efficient and safe manner. This will result in positive company morale
Contact an authorized Northern Dock Systems Sales Rep to further inquire about our Preventative Maintenance Program.