Accounts Payable Clerk
About the role
The Accounts Payable Clerk will primarily be responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments. The ideal candidate excels at all accounting and clerical tasks related to efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions, along with various other responsibilities.
• A competitive base salary.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Employee Assistance Program: Provides free 24/7 access to confidential counselling for life events such as stress, depression or anxiety as well as financial guidance and life coach sessions.
• Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances and be accountable to our customers, vendors and our teams.
• Charge expenses to accounts and cost centres by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Thrive in an urgency-centric environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Adhere to strict confidentiality rules and pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances and preparing checks.
• Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and file documents to keep detailed historical records.
• Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Must have at least 1-3 years of experience in invoicing, accounting or administrative support and be PC literate.
• A university degree or college diploma in Accounting or a related field is required.
Manager: Senior Accountant
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm