Delivery and Warehouse Assistant
About the role
The Delivery and Warehouse Assistant is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and materials, completing site checks for installation projects to ensure products can installed successfully, inventory control and control of all tools, shop/building maintenance, service crew assistance, modification and fabrication of parts, and assistance of fleet requirements.
• A competitive base salary.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Growth opportunities and safety-first environment.
• Supply of uniform and all protective equipment necessary to perform all jobs.
• Employee wellness program.
• Parts and materials pickup and delivery.
• Preinstallation site checks
• Inventory control and sign out of tools and parts.
• Assist service crew.
• Building improvement projects.
• Modifying and fabricating parts for projects.
• Assistance with fleet requirements. (i.e.: drop off trucks and trailer when needed).
• Maintain cleanliness of company grounds – outside clean up.
• Shovel and salt walkways as need during the winter months.
• General cleanup, organization, and maintenance of office area and grounds.
• Attend scheduled service and safety meetings.
• Assistance in dispatch office when needed.
• Ability to learn and follow basic principles of inventory control.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Skills in effective time management, organization, multitasking, and prioritization.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift.
• Ability to work overtime, if needed.
• Basic computers skills required.
• College diploma or bachelor’s degree would be considered an asset, but not required.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of previous warehouse experience preferred.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Knowledge of GTA and Golden Horseshoe areas.
• Possess a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of trades (i.e. construction, electrical, loading dock and door industry, etc.) would be an asset.
• Certification in forklift operation preferred.
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm