About the role
As an Industrial Millwright you will be responsible for but not limited to installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. There are several other important duties that you would be involved in that are listed below.
• A competitive hourly rate with overtime compensation. The average number of hours per week typically varies between 40-52 hours.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Growth opportunities and safety-first environment.
• Supply of uniform and all protective equipment necessary to perform all jobs.
• Employee wellness program.
• Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Install, align, take apart, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, and jacks, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls.
• Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
• Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
• Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
• Ability to safely and efficiently operate equipment such as scissor lift, forklift, hand tools, etc.
• Interest in building and repairing a variety of mechanical systems.
• Experience operating a crane truck.
• Knowledge of computerized machinery.
• Physical strength and stamina.
• Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications.
• Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work to exacting standards.
• Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
• Ability to get along well with co-workers.
• Safety awareness and a responsible work attitude.
• Mathematical and mechanical ability.
• An analytical approach to problem-solving.
• Interest in keeping up-to-date in the field.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Skills in effective time management, organization, multitasking, and prioritization.
• Ability to lead and work well as a team member.
• Ability to work overtime.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: GTA and the surrounding areas