Lead Hand Dock and Door Technician
About the Role
The Lead Hand Dock and Door Technician will serve a vital role which includes but is not limited to installation and repair of loading dock and door equipment, perform Preventive Maintenance Program (PMP) tasks and complete PMP sheets, PMP allowance, and perform the small repairs while on-site (allowance is issued to assist the customer in maintaining their equipment), work with WCO for parts requirements and scheduling, pick up and deliver equipment/parts as directed from WCO from various manufacturers/suppliers to the customer site, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization. There are also several other important duties that you would be involved in.
- A competitive hourly rate with overtime compensation. The average number of hours per week typically varies between 40-52 hours.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Growth opportunities and safety-first environment.
- Supply of uniform and all protective equipment necessary to perform all jobs.
- Employee wellness program.
- Completion of all forms and paperwork in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Keep truck clean and operational at all times. Utilize the helpers to ensure that the service truck is organized and clean, inside and outside.
- Maintain adequate levels of stock of required parts of your truck (identify and report when quantities are low and you require re-ordering.
- Put away items returned to the warehouse.
- Properly dispose of materials removed from customer sites – work with the WCO to ensure procedures are adhered to.
- Constantly improve product knowledge to better service our customers.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Ideally, at least 2-4 years of dock and door industry experience.
- Sound mechanical knowledge is a must.
- Ability to operate a Boom truck.
- Sound electrical knowledge is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Reports to: Service Manager
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta and surrounding areas