About the role
As Master Electrician you will serve a vital role by troubleshooting and repairing various equipment, installing various types of equipment and electrical services, overseeing and approving work performed by Apprentice and Journeyman electricians, providing assistance to quote all electrical projects, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization. There are several other important duties that you would be involved in that are listed below.
• A competitive hourly rate with overtime compensation. The average number of hours per week typically varies between 40-52 hours.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Growth opportunities and safety-first environment.
• Supply of uniform and all protective equipment necessary to perform all jobs.
• Employee wellness program.
• Responsible for all ESA requirements.
• Oversee and approve all work performed by Apprentice and Journeyman electricians.
• Provide assistance to quote all electrical projects.
• Availability for on call service during regular hours of operation, as well as on call rotation during off hours.
• Troubleshoot and repair various equipment in a timely manner.
• Install various types of equipment and electrical services.
• Prepare and have customers sign all work orders.
• Report all potential replacement equipment as needed.
• Pick up and deliver equipment from various manufacturers to customer site.
• Assistance to fellow employees as requested.
• Follow supplier / NDS warranty procedures.
Emergency Service department requirements:
• Troubleshoot electrical issues using various equipment.
• Troubleshoot interconnection between equipment.
• Load side electrical connections from disconnect provided including all conduit and wiring required for equipment. All main power connections are subject to and require an ESA inspection.
• All low voltage wiring for activation accessories and limits including control wiring and fire relay connections as required.
• Installation of all types of electrical conduits – watertight, emt, flex, bx and rigid (when required for special applications).
• All installations are to be carried out as per code and specifications where highlighted.
• Develop a standardized method to carry out “New Construction” installations and work with Construction team to build pricing and training templates.
• Utilize provided technology. Example: Tablets, Evernote.
• Adhere to daily schedule provided by Dispatcher.
• Perform all routine service checks to company truck.
• Keep truck clean and operational at all times.
• Keep all tools and equipment on truck cleaned and maintained.
• Maintain a proper level of inventory on the truck at all times to complete daily duties.
• Advise Warehouse Coordinator when truck inventory becomes low.
• Adhere to all regulations on customer sites.
• Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings.
• Obtain and keep up to date records for required equipment certification.
• Consistently attempt to improve on product knowledge.
• Manage apprentice to follow all expectations above.
• Must have 5 – 7 years of experience as a certified Master Electrician and Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
• Master Electrician license in good standing is required.
• Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
• Must be PC literate with average knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet our customer’s needs.
• Maintains a neat and presentable appearance at all times.
• Ability to work with colored wiring and must be able to identify by sight.
• Ability to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to read blueprints and schematics and use array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organization, analytical, planning, and administrative skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional prioritization skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong customer relationship skills.
Reports to: Installation Manager
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: GTA and the surrounding areas