Project Manager, Construction
About the role
As a member of the Construction Team, the Project Manager is responsible to lead, direct, monitor and manage functional authority over the supply and installation of products offered by Northern Dock Systems into construction projects across Ontario and Canada.
The PM’s primary role includes but is not limited to; effectively quote, plan, organize, budget and manage all aspects of construction projects from conception through to completion while ensuring that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, while always maintaining a focus to adhere to NDS quality and safety standards. The PM role works closely with the NDS Installation Team and General Contractors/Architects to achieve successful completion of all projects no matter the value.
• Competitive base salary.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Employee wellness program.
• Develop, Manage, and Build relationships with General Contractors, Architects/Engineers and Owners in order to build and secure a dependable revenue stream in the New Construction Market.
• Reviews project contractual documents to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials, and equipment requirements), necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
• Develops an execution plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
• Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
• Coordinates with department managers and subcontractors to establish work plans, schedules, and staffing for each phase of the project.
• Develops and manages customer relationships and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
• Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the designs, budgets, and schedules.
• Takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
• Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project.
• Confers with project staff to ensure the assigned duties and responsibilities are performed per agreed upon expectation.
• Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors.
• Involved with financial aspects of contract/projects including proposals, change orders and invoicing.
• Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment for customers on a continual basis.
• Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issue from arising.
• Resolves any problems that may arise during project execution.
Our ideal candidate
• Is accountable to our customers and our team.
• Ability to multi-task effectively while meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines.
• Can work well and excel in a team environment.
• Can work independently with little to no supervision.
• Is decisive and action oriented.
• Possess excellent customer relations.
• Demonstrates organizing, planning, and administrative ability.
• Is versatile and ready to work with management on various related projects.
• Is self-disciplined and has a high sense of urgency.
• Is goal oriented.
• Has positive outlook and attitude.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanour.
• University degree or College diploma in Construction Technologies/Management or related field.
• Minimum 5 years experience as a Project Co-Ordinator or Manager in a related industry and/or Commercial/Industrial Construction sector
• Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), materials management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality control.
• Proven record of successfully planning and executing projects on schedule and within budget.
• Must understand construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts and be fully comfortable reading and interpreting construction drawings
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Dynamics.
• Excellent technical, planning, organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills and exemplifies advanced attention to detail.
• Works well individually and as part of a collaborative team environment.
Reports to: Construction Manager
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Mississauga, ON