Flex-Lip dock levelers
Flex-Lip dock leveler maintains consistent 180° at any truck height
The Flex-Lip dock leveler ensures safety of your workers around the loading dock area by creating the smoothest transition from truck to dock floor. Flex-Lip maintains a steady 180° angle at all times to prevent damage to product and personnel during the loading and unloading process.
• Exclusive technology: The versatile lip ‘flexes’ to maintain a steady 180° angle at all times, accommodating all truck heights.
• Premium safety: Open and close this hydraulic dock leveler with a push of a button, unlike mechanical dock levelers which require workers to manually open and close the dock lip, causing workplace injuries to the neck, shoulders and back.
• No pinch points: The open lug design on the front hinge allows debris to pass straight through the dock, eliminating pinch points that cause serious structural damage to other dock levelers.
• Built for strength: The Flex-Lip hydraulic and air-powered dock leveler withstands impact and handle the heaviest loads, with a 33% deck-to-beam weld ratio and up to 15-20% heavier than traditional dock levelers.
Preventing damage to goods and personnel by design
Low clearance vehicles impede on loading operations by impacting the crown angle especially in below dock loading operations. This results in damage to goods, increased wear and tear on the lift truck and increased risk of personnel injury. Reduce maintenance, product loss costs and stress on the leveler with the Flex-Lip dock leveler that maintains a steady 180° angle at all times.
Unique open lug design eliminates pinch points
Nordock products are guaranteed to outperform all others on the market, and these dock levelers are no exception. Their unique open lug design on the front lip eliminates pinch points by allowing debris to pass straight through the dock leveler. Pinch points are often the cause of serious structural damage to traditional dock levelers, often leading to frequent maintenance and high repair costs. The open lug design is standard on all models except the Constructor series.
Constructed to support the heaviest loads in demanding applications
The majority of dock levelers that are available on the market use inconsistent spot welds on one side of the hinge that provides significantly insufficient support to the center deck. Nordock’s hydraulic dock leveler lips use consistent 4″ welds that encompass both sides of every hinge, delivering superior center deck support that is able to handle the heaviest loads.
Key features of every Nordock Flex-Lip dock leveler
Each Flex-Lip dock leveler features:
• A patented automatic-adjusting lip to maintain a horizontal position on the truck bed at all loading heights, allowing for the smoothest transition from truck to dock floor.
• A continuous rear hinge assembly for long-term strength and durability.
• Integral lip and deck maintenance support.
• Six solid steel rear frame supports.
• An open frame design for easy pit cleaning.
• Full operating range telescoping side guards.
• Easy operation with single push-button control.
• Security night locks.
• Full-width zinc-plated front and rear hinge rods.
Customers that love these products
Hydraulic Flex-Lip (SHF)The Flex-Lip dock leveler with a hydraulic lifting mechanism has a weight capacity of 25,000-60,000 lbs.
Air-powered Flex-Lip (ADF)The Flex-Lip dock leveler powered by air is capable of handling between 25,000-50,000 lbs.
Model comparison chart
|Hydraulic Flex-Lip (SHF)||Air-powered Flex-Lip (ADF)|
|Standard size||6'x6' to 7'x10'||6'x6' to 7'x10'|
|Load capacity||25,000-60,000 lbs||25,000-50,000 lbs|
|Lifting mechanism||Hydraulic||Air bag|
• Fall-Stop safety barrier gates.
• Extended 18" and 20" long lip available.
• Brush weather seals.
• Self-forming pour-in pan.
• Safety yellow-painted toe guards.
• Foam insulated deck.
• Spray zinc deck, lip and frame.
• Steel spring and steel face dock bumpers.
• Dock lights.
• Safety barrier lip available.