Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seals
Dock seal compresses to close gaps from swing-out trailer doors
Watch Nordock Seal-Tite Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seals in action as they tightly seal swing-out trailer doors. This dock seal incorporates a unique side pad design to close off gaps created by swing-out trailer doors.
• Increase safety for workers: Maintain operational efficiency and enhance worker productivity by keeping workers safe—prevent moisture, dust, insects and other contaminants from entering the facility.
• Ensure product safety: Prevent contamination with food, pharmaceutical and other products by creating a tight seal around the dock to inhibit contamination while saving energy at the same time.
Maximum weather protection
The Nordock Seal-Tite STC and STP series of Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seals are designed to form a tight seal against the trailer doors to provide effective protection for personnel and cargo while loading and off loading trailers. The truck backs into the side pads and head pad to keep out inclement weather, dust and insects creating a more productive and safer environment while saving energy costs and increasing security. The unique compression dock seal design closes the gap created from swing out trailer doors, lessens the pressure on building walls and allows a clearer access into the trailer.
Dramatically enhance indoor safety with a Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seal
Nordock’s Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seals dramatically enhance indoor safety by creating the tightest seal around trailers to:
|Prevent insects: Including flies, mosquitoes, spiders and other creepy crawlies.|
|Inhibit pests: Including mice, birds and other living creatures from entering indoors.|
|Keep harsh weather outside: Limit extreme heat or cold drafts and maintain comfortable indoor temperature.|
|Eliminate white light: Completely eradicate white light infiltration with a proper dock seal to ensure safety compliance.|
|Block moisture: Create a strong environmental separation between outdoor and indoor temperatures to prevent moisture build-up.|
The benefits of a proper dock seal
A proper dock seal and its compression yields numerous benefits, including:
• Energy loss prevention/increased energy savings.
• Security and protection against stolen goods or unauthorized entry.
• Quick return on investment.
• Creating a safer working environment for workers in the loading dock area.
• Maintaining or increasing operational efficiency through indoor comfort.
Optional wear pleats and tapered units
Customize your dock seal with wear pleats and tapered units to best seal loading docks with incline or decline approaches.
Check for air or light leaks in four key areas
An inefficient dock seal/shelter might not be the only cause of issues you are possibly facing—the performance of a dock seal/shelter directly relates to other products as well.
Check your loading dock in four key areas to determine if your dock seal or dock shelter needs to be replaced.
1. Top of the trailer: Are your floors forming puddles or ice when it rains/snows? Seal the gap between the trailer top and your dock door to prevent slip and fall hazards.
2. Side of the trailer: Are you noticing white light infiltration? If so, you need to modify or replace your dock seal or dock shelter.
3. Dock leveler and trailer gap: Damaged goods or injuries to personnel are the biggest indicators of an uneven level between the trailer and the dock floor. Prevent injuries and damaged goods with a proper dock leveler.
4. Corners of the door: Don’t forget to seal the corners of your doors, which are common areas where insects, dust and other contaminants enter the facility.
Note: Remember that performance dock bumpers and bumper projection also affects the efficiency and longevity of any dock seal or dock shelter.
Customers that love these products
Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seal with curtain (STC)The STC Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seal comes with a head curtain, suitable for door openings of up to 9'x10'.
Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seal with pad (STP)The STC Trailer Door Gap Compression dock seal comes with a fixed header pad, providing a great solution for door openings of up to 9'x9'.
Model comparison chart
|Seal-Tite with curtain (STC)||Seal-Tite with pad (STP)|
|Door size||Up to 9'x10'||Up to 9'x9'|
|Safety guide stripes|
• Material weight options: 22 oz., 40 oz. or 50 oz. vinyl.
• Double layer wear face.
• Galvanized steel canopies.
• Longer curtains.
• Tapered side for incline/decline approach.
For optimum performance, pair these products with:• Dock levelers.
• Dock canopies.
• Truck-Lock vehicle restraints.
• Fall-Stop safety barrier gate.
• LED Versa light.
• Steel face dock bumpers.
• Wheel chocks.
• 1 year limited.