Foam Frame dock shelter
Foam Frame dock shelter eliminates white light and water leaks
The Nordock Foam Frame dock shelter is paired with a Rain-Stop trailer top canopy to properly seal the loading dock for Conestoga Cold Storage to eliminate white light and water from entering their facility.
• Increase safety for workers: Maintain operational efficiency and enhance worker productivity by keeping workers safe—prevent moisture, dust, insects and other contaminants from entering the facility.
• Ensure product safety: Prevent contamination with food, pharmaceutical and other products by creating a tight seal around the dock to inhibit contamination while saving energy at the same time.
Maximum weather protection
The Foam Frame dock shelter uses memory core foam sides that eliminate damage due to off-center loading. Its vertical curtains with stiffeners provide a weathertight seal and allows for unrestricted access to the trailer while the head curtain uses protective corner reinforcement pleats, wind retention straps and also contains stiffeners. Bottom corner pads reduce energy loss between the curtain and the side members. Foam Frame dock shelter’s sloped rigid head frame comes with a translucent top that allows for water drainage and natural light to shine through.
Dramatically enhance indoor safety with a Foam Frame dock shelter
Nordock’s Foam Frame dock shelter dramatically enhances indoor safety by creating the tightest seal around trailers to:
|Prevent insects: Including flies, mosquitoes, spiders and other creepy crawlies.|
|Inhibit pests: Including mice, birds and other living creatures from entering indoors.|
|Keep harsh weather outside: Limit extreme heat or cold drafts and maintain comfortable indoor temperature.|
|Eliminate white light: Completely eradicate white light infiltration with a proper dock seal to ensure safety compliance.|
|Block moisture: Create a strong environmental separation between outdoor and indoor temperatures to prevent moisture build-up.|
The benefits of a proper dock shelter
A proper dock shelter yields numerous benefits, including:
• Energy loss prevention/increased energy savings.
• Security and protection against stolen goods or unauthorized entry.
• Quick return on investment.
• Creating a safer working environment for workers in the loading dock area.
• Maintaining or increasing operational efficiency through indoor comfort.
Optional add-ons for a superior seal
Customize your dock shelter with head curtain wear pleats, bottom corner draft pads, full-height guide stripes, swing-out trailer gap seal, tapered units to best seal loading docks with incline or decline approaches, and more.
Check for air or light leaks in four key areas
An inefficient dock seal/shelter might not be the only cause of issues you are possibly facing—the performance of a dock seal/shelter directly relates to other products as well.
Check your loading dock in four key areas to determine if your dock seal or dock shelter needs to be replaced.
1. Top of the trailer: Are your floors forming puddles or ice when it rains/snows? Seal the gap between the trailer top and your dock door to prevent slip and fall hazards.
2. Side of the trailer: Are you noticing white light infiltration? If so, you need to modify or replace your dock seal or dock shelter.
3. Dock leveler and trailer gap: Damaged goods or injuries to personnel are the biggest indicators of an uneven level between the trailer and the dock floor. Prevent injuries and damaged goods with a proper dock leveler.
4. Corners of the door: Don’t forget to seal the corners of your doors, which are common areas where insects, dust and other contaminants enter the facility.
Note: Remember that performance dock bumpers and bumper projection also affects the efficiency and longevity of any dock seal or dock shelter.
Customers that love this product
• Wide range of shape projections, bevels and tapers.
• Longer curtains.
• Tapered side for incline/decline approach.
• Tough-Split head curtain.
• Terminator trailer door gap seal.
• Galvanized steel framing for header and side frame backing.
• Reinforced edge on vertical panels.
• Higher, wider and increased projection units.
For optimum performance, pair this product with:• Dock levelers.
• Dock canopies.
• Truck-Lock vehicle restraints.
• Fall-Stop safety barrier gate.
• LED Versa light.
• Steel face dock bumpers.
• Wheel chocks.
• 1 year limited.
|Door size||Up to 10'x10'|
|Side pads||Memory foam|
|Safety guide stripes||Yes|
|Mounting hardware||Galvanized steel|
|Pad projection||18" (standard), 24" or 30"|