The dock levelers at this Burnaby warehouse were old and well-used. In particular, the dock leveler at position 4 needed extensive repair due to its age and heavy use. As a result, the customer decided to upgrade to a new dock instead of the costly repair. The cost of the new dock was only going to be a little bit more than the extensive repair it needed. So it was justifiable to install a new dock to get years of trouble-free operation at this high-traffic position.
Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Leveler in Burnaby Warehouse
The new Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Leveler works and looks great. With regular maintenance, this new leveler should last them for years to come. The customer is happy with their new dock and will start upgrading all docks at this location to new Blue Giant units as their budget permits.
Blue Giant hydraulic dock levelers are durable for high-traffic positions because they have the following:
- A long-lasting and rust-resistant powder coat finish.
- Structural integrity and consistent quality with state-of-the-art robotic welding so every weld has the same quality.
- Suitable for 3 or 4-wheel forklifts.
- Structural J beams are welded at dynamic points to prevent warping and extend the dock leveler’s lifetime.
- Less maintenance with an inverted deck cylinder is continually self-bleeding, reducing internal corrosion and dust build-up.
- Easy operation with a single push button.
- Improved safety with hi-visibility toe guards and velocity fuse limits that prevent free fall.