Northern Dock Systems (NDS) has completed another successful project in the Emergency Services sector. Working collaboratively with the architectural team through the design process and then closely with the Gillam-Chandos JV team through the construction process, we have finished a brand-new fire station for the Town of Oakville.
Focusing on speed, energy efficiency and dependable performance, NDS installed two high-performance Four-Fold doors and three safedrive springless overhead doors for this new facility. These doors were the ideal choice for the Town of Oakville and their new fire station because:
- The high opening speeds of up to 24″/sec minimize heat and cooling loss while maintaining a quick and efficient response for when an emergency call is received.
- The horizontal movement of Four-Fold doors provides full visibility during opening and closing operations to avoid accidental impact.
- Manual operation in the event of a power outage.
- Springless doors minimize or eliminate maintenance costs and enhance reliability in daily operations.
- Four-Fold doors are rated to perform for over one million cycles for reliability and dependability.
By choosing to partner with NDS and including our industry-leading products on this project, the Fire Department is well set up for an easy, efficient and safe operation out of this beautiful new station.