A Customer Success Story from Northern Dock Systems
Northern Dock Systems (NDS) has completed another successful project in the Emergency Services sector. Working collaboratively with the architectural team through the design process and then closely with the Gillam-Chandos JV team through the construction process, we have finished a brand-new fire station for the Town of Oakville.
Focusing on speed, energy efficiency and dependable performance, NDS installed two high-performance Four-Fold doors and three safedrive springless overhead doors for this new facility. These doors were the ideal choice for the Town of Oakville and their new fire station because:
- The high opening speeds of up to 24″/sec minimize heat and cooling loss while maintaining a quick and efficient response for when an emergency call is received.
- The horizontal movement of Four-Fold doors provides full visibility during opening and closing operations to avoid accidental impact.
- Manual operation in the event of a power outage.
- Springless doors minimize or eliminate maintenance costs and enhance reliability in daily operations.
- Four-Fold doors are rated to perform for over one million cycles for reliability and dependability.
By choosing to partner with NDS and including our industry-leading products on this project, the Fire Department is well set up for an easy, efficient and safe operation out of this beautiful new station.