This auto repair shop in Spruce Grove Alberta was looking to extend equipment’s lifespan, improve safety, prevent future equipment failures and downtime by scheduling a preventive maintenance visit with us. During the preventive maintenance inspection, our technician:
- Checks for and replaces any broken weather seals around door openings
- Checks for and replaces frayed cables
- Checks for and replaces overworn pusher springs
- Fixes hinges, rollers and any other wearable parts
- Lubricates springs and adjusts the tension
- Tightens all hardware
Through our PMP inspection at this automotive repair garage, our technician discovered damaged weather seals and overworn pusher springs at every door. The gaps in the weather seal caused cold drafts making it a chilly work environment for employees in the winter. Additionally, the overworn pusher springs were a hazard because it could prevent the doors from being closed once opened, leading to an emergency repair.
By replacing these small items, this auto repair shop’s employees can stay warm in the cold winter months. Furthermore, they get peace of mind knowing that we have prevented future equipment failures and downtime by keeping their equipment working efficiently and safely.