Four-Fold doors provide high-speed operation with maximum visibility
Fire stations across Canada choose Four-Fold doors when responding to emergencies. Door Engineering’s Four-Fold doors use high-speed operators and customizable glass panels to provide maximum two-way visibility and increase throughput.
|Built to perform for over one million cycles and highly applicable for EMS, fire stations and parking garages for maximum throughput.|
• High-cycle application: Four-Fold doors are rated to perform for over one million cycles.
• High speeds: Opening speeds of up to 24″/sec minimize heat/cooling loss and increase throughput.
• Maximum visibility: Prevent accidental impact from vehicles with maximum visibility during operation.
• Easy manual override: Simply pull a cord to operate the doors manually.
• Reduced maintenance: Reduce maintenance costs compared to traditional spring overhead doors.
• Customizable: Highly customizable design seamlessly blends into any building.
When every second matters, Four-Fold doors deliver
Four-Fold doors operate at high speeds averaging 24″/second—speeds which are significantly faster than conventional overhead and coiling doors which operate on average of 8-12″/second. Minimize heating and cooling losses, increase energy efficiency and maximize throughput with Four-Fold doors.
Comparing speeds: Conventional vs. Four-Fold doors
For a 14’x14′ opening, Four-Fold doors take less than seven seconds to open, while conventional overhead doors take between 14-21 seconds to open.
Reliable and efficient in emergency situations
• Rated to perform over 1 million continuous cycles with operating speeds of up to 24″/second minimize heat and cooling loss and provide reliability.
• Horizontal movement provides maximum visibility during operation at all times for increased safety.
• Reduced maintenance compared to traditional spring overhead doors.
• Ideal for high use areas including EMS, fire halls and parking garages.
• Door immediately stops operation when photo-eyes detect obstructions, however, in case of accidental impact, soft safety edge prevents damage to vehicles and personnel.
• Manual operation override with a simple pull of a cord—no springs under tension, chain hoists or heavy lifting required.
• Fully customize door panels to suit building aesthetic.
Immediate stop in case of obstruction
Four-Fold doors immediately halt operation in case of any obstructions to prevent damage to personnel, vehicles and the door itself.
Four-Fold doors require less preventive maintenance than conventional overhead doors during its lifetime
|Description||Conventional overhead door
|Replacement springs||Failure after 50,000 cycles
|Rollers and hinges||Replace every five years
($500 x 5 years)
|Bottom sections after collision||Based on two collisions over a 15-year lifetime
|None; fully visible operation eliminates collisions
|Preventative maintenance||Done once a year
|Lubricate hinges once a year
|Operator maintenance||Done every two years
|Done every five years
|Operator replacement||Replace after 10-15 years
|Designed for 30+ years
|Total maintenance cost of a 14'x14' door over lifetime||1.70x
initial cost of door
initial cost of door
*Estimated costs include parts and labour based on 20,000 cycles per year.
Customers that love this product
• Custom colours and styling available to suit building aesthetic.
• Electric control options: 120VAC single phase, 208VAC single phase, 208/230VAC 3-phase, 480VAC 3-phase.
• Presence sensor: Provide one interior, overhead mounted presence sensor.
• Radio controls: One radio receiver and one single button remote per door. Remotes to open and close doors with single button.
• Timer activation loop detectors (for fire station applications): Provide "pulse on exit type" loop detector to activate auto close timer once loop has been activated and cleared, include hand/auto switch to deactivate timer. G.C. to coordinate installation of preformed loop with installer prior to exterior apron being poured.
• 3 year limited.
|Steel tube||ASTM A513 and ASTM A500/A500M|
|Steel sheets||Commercial quality, complying with ASTM A1011/A1011M hot-rolled steel sheet|
|Weatherstripping||Jamb and head weatherstipping of 1/16” cloth-inserted neoprene bulb (or closed cell neoprene)|
|Push-button enclosure and photo-eyes||NEMA-4 rated|