Inflatable dock shelters
• Increase safety for workers: Maintain operational efficiency and enhance worker productivity by keeping workers safe—prevent moisture, dust, insects and other contaminants from entering the facility.
• Ensure product safety: Prevent contamination with food, pharmaceutical and other products by creating a tight seal around the dock to inhibit contamination while saving energy at the same time.
Maximum weather protection
The Nordock IS-950 inflatable dock shelter pushes tight against the side and the top of the trailer to keep out inclement weather and reduce energy loss, with the shelter inflating once the trailer is secured. The unique retraction system quickly deflates the vinyl bag, and returns to the stored position once loading operations are complete.
The IS-550 inflatable dock shelter provides a tight seal for a climate-controlled dock environment. Once the trailer is securely in place, the dock operator inflates the top and side seals. IS-550’s blower runs continuously during loading operations and automatically retracts when completed returning to a stored position away from the trailer.
Both IS series of inflatable dock shelters feature high wear-resistant fabric with double lock stitching, rigid frame with translucent side and top covers, pressure-treated superior backing lumber, bottom corner draft pads and a head-mounted motor and blower.
Dramatically enhance indoor safety with an inflatable dock shelter
Nordock’s inflatable dock shelters dramatically enhance indoor safety by creating the tightest seal around trailers to:
|Prevent insects: Including flies, mosquitoes, spiders and other creepy crawlies.|
|Inhibit pests: Including mice, birds and other living creatures from entering indoors.|
|Keep harsh weather outside: Limit extreme heat or cold drafts and maintain comfortable indoor temperature.|
|Eliminate white light: Completely eradicate white light infiltration with a proper dock seal to ensure safety compliance.|
|Block moisture: Create a strong environmental separation between outdoor and indoor temperatures to prevent moisture build-up.|
The benefits of a proper dock shelter
A proper dock shelter yields numerous benefits, including:
• Energy loss prevention/increased energy savings.
• Security and protection against stolen goods or unauthorized entry.
• Quick return on investment.
• Creating a safer working environment for workers in the loading dock area.
• Maintaining or increasing operational efficiency through indoor comfort.
Check for air or light leaks in four key areas
An inefficient dock seal/shelter might not be the only cause of issues you are possibly facing—the performance of a dock seal/shelter directly relates to other products as well.
Check your loading dock in four key areas to determine if your dock seal or dock shelter needs to be replaced.
1. Top of the trailer: Are your floors forming puddles or ice when it rains/snows? Seal the gap between the trailer top and your dock door to prevent slip and fall hazards.
2. Side of the trailer: Are you noticing white light infiltration? If so, you need to modify or replace your dock seal or dock shelter.
3. Dock leveler and trailer gap: Damaged goods or injuries to personnel are the biggest indicators of an uneven level between the trailer and the dock floor. Prevent injuries and damaged goods with a proper dock leveler.
4. Corners of the door: Don’t forget to seal the corners of your doors, which are common areas where insects, dust and other contaminants enter the facility.
Note: Remember that performance dock bumpers and bumper projection also affects the efficiency and longevity of any dock seal or dock shelter.
Customers that love these products
IS-950 inflatable dock shelterThe IS-950 inflatable dock shelter pushes tight against the side and the top of the trailer to keep out inclement weather and reduce energy loss. Its unique retraction system quickly deflates the vinyl bag, and returns to the stored position once loading operations are complete.
IS-550 inflatable dock shelterIS-950 inflatable dock shelters provide the ultimate protection for personnel and cargo while loading trailers. The inflated seal pushes tight against the sides and top of the trailer to help keep out inclement weather, dust and insects creating a more productive and safer environment.
Model comparison chart
|Side pads||Partially inflatable (inner side)||Inflatable|
|Safety guide stripes|
• Automatic on/off system.
• 16 oz. Hypalon fabric.
• 3-phase motor/blower.
For optimum performance, pair these products with:• Dock levelers.
• Dock canopies.
• Truck-Lock vehicle restraints.
• Fall-Stop safety barrier gate.
• LED Versa light.
• Steel face dock bumpers.
• Wheel chocks.
• 1 year limited.